Nadia Momen Munni
#CancerVolunteer #Mover #Presenter
What are you doing these days?
1. Trying to create cancer awareness among youth, by leading the Dhaka University Himu Paribahan team as General Secretary;
2. Promoting youth activities through the live show "Generation Adda" & "Generation Startup Adda";
3. Hosting "Teen Teen" podcast show which focuses on social issues of Bangladesh;
4. Facilitating Movers Workshops, trying to reach more youth organisations in Bangladesh;
5. Taking online courses to improve my facilitation skills;
6. Leading 2 tree plantation projects, 1 national & 1 international,
7. Covering Bangladesh's chapter of Storius as Chapter Manager.
What is/are 1 or 2 moments that shaped who you are today?
In my earlier campus life, I failed at the Student Council elections. That time, I got depressed a lot and one time, I was even thinking to kill myself as nobody was there for me. But Dhaka University Himu Paribahan has given me a new life: the seniors were very supportive, they took care of my heart, they showed how they believed in me and I changed my way of thinking. One of the biggest relief and achievement of my life is the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign. I was crying after receiving so much love from that campaign.
The second best thing that happened in my life is the Movers Programme. I reached my confidence level here: I think it makes me capable of spreading my experiences and my knowledge among the youth and I am also learning a lot from our amazing Movers Community.
If you could go back in time, 10 years ago, what would you tell your younger self?
At the age of 13, I would like to tell myself: "don't be sad Nadia. One day, everybody will understand you and support you to be 'You'".
How do you want people to know you and remember you for?
I want people to know and remember me for my Cancer Awareness Programme. I don't know how far I will go, but I know this change can remove the barriers and taboos around cancer.